Monday 24 June 2013

PEOPLE

It is either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow that I am going to have a presentation on my job rotation experiences so far in the bank. I really do not know what to talk about for the topic because I do not think I have enough content to talk about for 5 minutes. I have yet learned a lot of things at work and it has been very depressing  although everyone kept telling me it is ok to not learn or do anything.

My group insisted of finding a word with an alphabet starting with our name. My name is Priscilla, so I have to find a word starting with 'P'. I was asking my friend what should be the word, and she told me perfect. I thought it was a good idea because I have to show optimism in me. But the truth is, I can't get over it myself. OMG, although I was told to put on my poker face at work, I will never want to say my experience there is perfect. It would be so fake to me but I'm sure someone out there are willing to use the word 'perfect'. So, I came out with the word PEOPLE.

In our daily life, we have to deal a lot with people, it is something that is unavoidable. For example, we have to deal with the cashier when we pay for our groceries, we have to order our food by telling the waitress what we would like to have for lunch, we have to work together in teams at work and so forth.  

Mouth is the most notorious weapon ever invented by God and no men on earth could ever invent anything else that can be as poisonous or hurtful as what words of mouth can do. I know it is impossible to stop people from talking behind your back because whatever you do, they will have something to comment about it. For example, today, I chose to listen to whatever they are discussing and absorb what is the right way to share ideas so I decided not talking much. Guess what, people commented on me again. They said they have never expected me to be so quiet. Others commented that since I am so quiet, I should be the one that should be doing the presentation. Actually, I was giving out my ideas too in the first place, but nobody was listening. They were very focused on the pretty Y lady. Hence, I might just shut up and listen to Y lady. Y lady is well known for her detailed work so everyone just want to hear from her. Also, I have bad reputation in the bank therefore nobody wants to even be close to me. Fair enough, by talking to me, they are having reputational risk.
I just do not understand why people like to comment and criticize on others when our focus is to get the discussion done. Seriously, why? WHY? WHY? WHY?

God gave us a pair of ears and ONLY one mouth, so why not listen what others have to say rather than always talking? I am not against people who talk, you can talk all your heart out but please only talk about yourself. You have no rights to talk about others because you have not gone through what they have and you basically do not know the whole picture of whatever you are telling. Then, it is time for story twisting and selective telling.

Rumors and gossips can completely destroy a person in the eyes of others. I can't believe a simple sentence like 'I have no faith in the HR' will be spread out to all 29 management trainees and also escalated to the senior management. Everyone was talking about it behind my back and I did not know until now. Hurray, thanks everyone who talked about me because each of you guys spent at least your precious one minute talking about me rather than doing something important!! I still have no faith in the HR. They are good in selective hearing; they only want to hear from their 'pet dogs' and others, they will treat you like stray dogs. Although both are dogs, you get different treatments and penalties.

For example, you can be late for every training and not get whacked in the face but you can get insulted in front of 29 other management trainees because you express your opinions. This is where the unfair games come in. I admit I am not beautiful because I do not have 23 inch waist or big round eyes like a Barbie, but I do not think I deserve to be treated this way. I understand human are sight-oriented animals but humans have to be rational.

TO BE CONTINUE

*I believe if I present based on what I have blogged, I will get more bullet holes at my back. I don't think my back is big enough for extra bullet. So, I will present the way they want it to be - full of lies and pretend I am happy with what they have arranged for us. Poker face mode on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment