Friday 5 July 2013

Happy girl in Selayang

It's been a long time since I have talk to my buddy because I have been quite busy for this week and foresee myself to be as busy for the rest of the month.

I have been turning in very early because I have to wake up pretty early everyday. It is good isn't it? Healthy lifestyle which I have been always longing about. Life was good for this week. Although I have to travel to Selayang every morning to work, my colleagues are very nice people. I love this type of working environment and it is far very different from what I experienced in HQ. The boss is super nice, caring and encouraging. He assist my journey to work by fetching me from and dropping me off at the KL Sentral Terminal when possible. If he could not make it to send me there, he will ask around the office to ensure someone to drop me off the LRT station. I really appreciated his kindness and this is so much better than the HR in HQ. Life in Selayang is in heaven while life in HQ is in hell. I am not talking about the amount of workload but it is more about how we interact with each other. There is no backstabbing or talking behind people's back in Selayang. It is worth it for me to wake up very early to catch two buses to get there and adapt to the filthy environment.

Yes, Selayang is really dirty and smelly. That's why all my colleagues do not eat around that area. They will drive to somewhere else to have lunch because they believe the food around that area is dirty and can cause food poisoning. That is also the moment when everyone sits together to talk, chill and relax. I love the feeling of being part of the 'family' because they will never leave me in the office alone or let me have my lunch alone.

Although my colleagues are very busy people, they will take some time out to answer my silly questions and teach me the relevant work flow. Some even stop whatever they are doing and focus on teaching me things that I have to learn based on the to-do list. How can I not feel touch by the kindness and actions of my current colleagues? I remembered my first rotation where I was left there sitting and reading for the whole week. Nobody answered my questions or even take the initiative to talk to me. When I did not know how to do, they just tell me it is ok to do it wrong, rahter than teaching me the correct way. Later, when they do my appreciation, they just mark me as lousy, below expectations. I was really really angry about it. But thank god, they are out of my life now and hopefully forever out of my sight.

My colleagues are naughty too. They tried to match make me with one of the guy in the office. They hard sell the guy to me and warned everybody else not to bring me out to meet clients next week because I should follow the guy next week wherever he goes. OH MY GOD, funny colleagues, but they define themselves as caring colleagues that wish the best for the work mates.

I am counting my blessing and I hope this month shall never end. I love to be at work now!! =)
I am back to be a happy girl despite what has happened last week which basically ruined my whole working life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment