Wednesday 8 May 2013

Glommy Thursday

Today work was BORING, BORING, BORING. I did my 3Ss again.

I asked the department head that what should I do for the day, and all he asked me to do was to sit there and read their campaigns. I really did not like the department head. Everyday when I asked for more things to do, all he asked me to do is to read their campaigns. You think you have a lot of campaigns for me to read izit? I can read everything in one afternoon. Today is already Wednesday. All you ask me to do is to read read read. If you don't want someone to rotate in your division, just tell the HR for goodness sake. I was so jealous when I looked at other members in my group that their assigned division head explained different types of products for the whole day, brought them out to talk to the clients and asked them to do something that is really challenging. But for me, all I do is to sit there and blend among them, to become the UN-noticable.

The most frustrating bit for the day was when I wanted to leave at 5.50pm, my so called temporary colleague came to speak to me. She was telling me my proposal was not detailed enough. OMG, since when she asked me to do a proposal. All she say was "give me three marketing strategy for the three flagged products". I do not regard that as asking me to write a proposal.

The funny thing is that she told me I will not be given any extra information or figures for me to do the proposal. I have to assume things. Cool!! I will assume why rich people will come to us, what is so great about us, how much is the revenue generated from my idea!! Tomorrow onwards,
I will be staying in my own world, assuming things. In addition, I am supposed to think of something that the head will never think of to help them generate more money. Hmm... why not I take over the role of the head and get paid more since I can think of things that he can't think of? It does not make any sense. Just throw things to someone that is only at work for the 3rd day makes me feel annoyed. I do understand that a lot of the companies do do things this way. No guidance whatsoever. If we, fresh graduate can grab hold of the things old, experienced staffs are doing in just an instance, then we will not be called fresh graduate!!

By the way, yesterday I read this book called 'the secret'. It is about how amazing power of thoughts can be. If you wish to be a millionaire, start to dream now. Every morning, tell yourself, you are a millionaire, you have more than enough to spend!! Decorate your surroundings with slogans that supports your thoughts to be a millionaire and you will become one eventually. I do not know whether this is true, but I will start to change my thoughts from now onwards, BE EXTRA POSITIVE!! Come on challenges!! I'm going to bring you down.

*There was a landslide at Jalan Ampang. I pray for those that had their cars damaged!! Hopefully, tomorrow the road is back to public usage so my lovely colleagues will not be stuck in traffic again!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment