Tuesday 7 May 2013

Sigh, life!!

Do you want to know what I am up to?

To my surprise, we have internet quota at work. For me, 100mb per day is ridiculously little for work purpose. This morning, I finished using my quota within 1 hour. So, for the rest of the day, I was sitting there doing work which does not require any internet, ie, work offline. My colleagues even emailed the IT department to ask them to increase my internet quota. Seriously, why do they even have internet restriction for workers? It is already the 21st century and everyone is feeding on the information from the internet. Without internet, you will be slow in receiving information and even less of creativity since browsing the net usually provides us with a lot of different types of thoughts and ideas from all over the country. At work, we are restricted from using youtube, Facebook and all other social networking websites. So, what is the point of imposing internet quotas?

Without internet, I really do not know how am I going to survive at work. Over time, there seems to be less and less reasons for me to retain in the company.

Life sucks recently. UBAH failed!! Current government remains strong standing!! GST is going to be imposed soon enough!! I expect prices of necessity goods to increase triple fold!! I did not get my research job rotation!! I am working in a department that everyday I go to work, I hope it is time to go home!! Nobody have time to teach me stuffs, so I sit alone all the time!!

I have a new slogan in life -> Sit and Stare, Stare and Stone!! That is basically what I am doing every day at work. I hate my life. Can I please utilise my short life span properly? I cannot afford to waste my time anymore. I am already 25 years old and I have yet started to build up my career. I shall find something to do tomorrow at work.

I know I am in a transition period. But I am more of having depression because I become so sensitive and down lately. I cried so much when I did not get the job rotation in research. I was crying so hard that I woke up crying in the middle of the night. I had swollen eyes when I woke up and luckily it was Saturday the next day. I felt so much insulted and humiliated for failing to get into research or even equity capital market. I, at least had all the basic qualifications required and I admit I am not too stupid in terms of learning stuffs, but they prefer someone who was from an unknown university, not even from finance or economics degree and with poor English O.O

In short, I am still working with my current company because of two reasons:
i) I can't apply for annual leaves if I have an interview
ii) I want job experience of at least a year so others will not question my loyalty (so, it looks good on my resume)

Until I find a department that accommodates my interest and it is fast moving, I know I will not be a happy worker although there are a lot of things that can make someone happy. This does not apply to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment